Our Ghana Team is recruiting for a Learning Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative organisation that is improving kindergarten education in Ghana.
The main role of the Learning Manager is to manage all elements of research, monitoring, evaluation, analysis and learning relating to the Sabre Trust’s programmes across the Central and Western Regions, and potential new regions, and to ensure that activities are carried out on time and to the highest standard.
Data collection, collation and analysis
• Understand and communicate project-specific learning activities (log frames) to the wider Learning team and Sabre staff in general
• Ensure that all data outlined in the project-specific learning templates is collected and collated in a timely manner according to work plan
• Be responsible for regular analyses of data (qualitative and quantitative) for reporting as well as specific research or analytical projects identified by Sabre.
• Develop electronic data collection and analysis strategy incorporating the use of tablets and smart phones, and appropriate qualitative and quantitate analytical software.
• Develop quality assurance tools and carry out quality assurance reviews for our work with implementing partners in Ghana and other countries.
• Lead on the collation of internal monthly reports of our training and construction programme as well as HR and Finance issues to (i) inform the team’s activities; (ii) feed into periodic reports for funders and partners.
• Liaise closely with the External Stakeholder Manager and Fundraising Team in the UK to ensure that all stakeholder reporting is carried out in a timely manner, and to the highest quality as specified by the individual partners
Supervise the Learning team to:
• Design, implement, and manage programme-specific research, monitoring, evaluation and learning systems. These include, but are not limited to the Teacher Monitoring Tool, Trainer Monitoring Tool, and the Pupil Achievement Records, and should be expanded to include more effective monitoring of the Building Better School programme.
• Synthesize and analyze data and write summary reports
• Regularly update and maintain the internal Learning report for internal reference, collation of key learning and developing programme activities.
• Update the indicator tracking tool on an ongoing basis.
• Liaise with GES Officers to share data and plan field monitoring of participants on the programme.
• Undertake the collection, collation and analysis of field data to monitor progress of participants on the Transformational Teacher Training programme, providing regular feedback to the Regional Education Project Managers, including catalogued photographic evidence of change in KG classrooms, both indoors and outdoors from pre-programme to end of programme.
• Collect and analyse College of Education exam results and grades.
• Maintain contact with a selected number of student teachers who complete the programme and carry out the Teacher Monitoring Tool to monitor their implementation of the programme as newly posted teachers.
• In addition, support other office administration and teacher training activities where necessary.
• Develop and manage the annual research agenda.
Programme Strategy & Organisational Structure:
• Supervise the Learning team with staff located out of the Central and Western region offices and potentially other parts of Ghana.
• The Learning Manager will organise and lead Learning-related meetings as often as he/she sees fit, and ensure that Programme Managers are made aware of important issues.
• Attend senior management meetings when appropriate, and contribute to the development of the overall programme strategy.
• Support the work of the independent impact assessments and other consultants as necessary
• Support the Chief Operating Officer in developing a programme expansion strategy
• Develop and manage the professional development of the Learning team
• Develop and manage the Learning team’s budget
• Network with other non-profits running similar programs to find areas of collaboration and knowledge sharing
• Degree in education or a related field (such as, program evaluation, research methods, or statistics), masters preferred.
• Minimum 5years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with at least 3 years with an international organization
• Proven previous experience in leading and conducting research, monitoring and evaluation, and analysis preferably in education
• Strong technical competence in research, monitoring and evaluation methods
• Strong analytical skills and report writing
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, with proven ability to work with technology for data collection and analytical data software packages such as Stata/SPSS/SAS and qualitative data analysis software
• Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office
• Excellent English language skills
• Proven track record of achieving results
• Good interpersonal skills and a strong team player
• Able to thrive in a non-hierarchal work environment
• International work experience a plus
The Sabre Trust offers a competitive salary. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and growing organization transforming kindergartens across Ghana. In addition to flexibility, your job will evolve as quickly as the company scales. That means you’ll constantly be learning new things and figuring out where you find the most satisfaction.
Click HERE to find out more
Kindly forward a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE midnight Saturday 24 February 2018.