We are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced finance manager to join our Senior Leadership Team, based in Ghana but covering the full breadth of Sabre’s finance function.
The Sabre Trust is a development organisation working in close collaboration with the local education authorities in the Central and Western Regions of Ghana, to support the implementation of the Ghana Education Service’s plans to scale up quality kindergarten education nationwide.
With a dual reporting line to the UK-based Managing Director and the Ghana Country Director, the Group Finance Manager has responsibility for the financial operations of both the Sabre Trust UK and the Sabre Trust Ghana.
As a member of the senior management team, the Group Finance Manager will contribute to the strategic and organisational development of the Sabre Trust, and report on finances to the Board of Trustees.
- Manage the Sabre Trust’s UK financial accounting system, analysing transactions and ensuring that all income and expenditure is correctly allocated by account and project code.
- Act as a co-signatory on the Sabre Trust UK bank accounts, authorising or requesting payments and transfers as required.
- Manage all foreign exchange trades, liaising with Sabre’s certified Forex Brokers to ensure that the organisation receives the best value for money on trades.
- Prepare weekly income reports for the Sabre Fundraising team to support donor care.
- Supervise the Sabre Trust UK payroll provider.
- Manage the Sabre Trust Ghana’s financial accounting system, ensuring that all transactions are correctly allocated by account and project code.
- Act as co-signatory on the Sabre Trust Ghana bank accounts, authorising payments and transfers, and ensuring that appropriate levels of funds are available in all main and project accounts.
- Oversee the petty cash accounts, ensuring that all transactions are appropriately receipted and recorded, with minimal financial exposure in the movement of cash.
- Supervise the preparation of the Sabre Trust Ghana payroll, ensuring that all employee and employer tax obligations are met.
- Prepare consolidated quarterly management accounts, to illustrate the group’s financial position, performance against budget, and funding/implementation status of individual projects.
- Work with external auditors to ensure the timely preparation of statutory accounts.
- Work with project managers to ensure timely reporting of project expenditure, to inform monthly reconciliations against project budgets, and explain any variances to planned expenditure.
- Work with the Country Director and Managing Director to prepare annual budgets.
- Work with the Programme and Fundraising teams to prepare budgets to support funding applications.
- Prepare a group-wide monthly rolling forecast to illustrate revised position against budget and ensure accurate reporting of cashflow.
- Ensure that the group’s internal financial controls are implemented and regularly revised to ensure good practice in all financial functions and mitigate any financial risk to the group.
- Complete periodic spot checks and audits to validate finance systems.
- Lead the group finance team, managing staff effectively, and conducting regular performance appraisals in line with the Sabre Trust’s staffing policies
Candidate Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a candidate that can commit to Sabre for at least 3 years (hopefully longer) and grow the role and finance function in line with Sabre’s organisational development.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- a strong interest in international development programming
- a positive and learning based outlook, combined with a collaborative and engaging management style
- a relevant finance management or accounting qualification
- a minimum of 5 years finance management experience, with some experience of working in the international development sector
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- excellent planning and organisational skills
- experience of leading or managing a team
- experience of mentoring other team members
- strong computer skills
- the ability to work in an English speaking environment
- Apply by Application Form and CV to email@example.com – nb applicants not sending a completed application form will not be considered
- Download application form by clicking here.
Application deadline: 12 February 2017, early application is encouraged.